Warning: Undefined variable $kvs_above_post_title in /home/customer/www/kathrineswitzer.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/bb-theme-child-kvs/functions/content_output.php on line 17
UN Human Rights Council Invitation!
July 4, 2021
I am so honored to be invited by Nazhat Shameem Khan, President of the UN Human Rights Council, for a panel discussion on the potential of leveraging sport and the Olympic ideal for promoting human rights for young people.
As a prelude to the opening of the Tokyo Olympics, I am joining some great heroes of mine:
· H.E. Ms. Monique T.G. Van Daalen, Vice-President of the Human Rights Council
· Ms. Nada Al-Nashif, United Nations Deputy High Commissioner for Human Rights
· Mr. Thomas Bach, President of the International Olympic Committee
· Mr. Toshiro Muto, Director General of Tokyo 2020 Organizing Committee
· Ms. Elizaveta Kunstmann, European & World Champion in sitting volleyball
· Ms. Jenny Oklikah, Chief Executive of the NGO “Fight for Peace”
· Ms. Sofia Bekatorou, Olympic gold and bronze medalist in sailing
· Ms. Kathrine Switzer, Athlete and social advocate
And YOU are invited to watch!! Wednesday, 7 July 2021, from 10 AM to 12 PM (Geneva, Switzerland time +2 hours GMT)); 4AM to 6AM Eastern Time USA, and 8PM to 10PM New Zealand Time. Join us via the live webcast: http://webtv.un.org/
Kathrine Switzer has long been one of running’s most iconic figures. Not just for breaking barriers as the first woman to officially run the Boston Marathon in 1967, but also for creating positive global social change. Because of her millions of women are now empowered by the simple act of running.